"I have never been able to work or communicate with John. He isa closed book"
- But if the master doesn't learn to control that temper, he'll never break the--
"You should take a leaf out of Keith's book. He has achievedwonders with those children"。
after all 毕竟；终究
"Julia's life is like an open book. You always know what she'sup to"。
mademoiselle 小姐；Miss 的法语对应词 splendid adj. 辉煌的；灿烂的；极好的
"I had to bring Tom to book after our meeting. He shouldn't havelost his temper at Bridget"。
break out 爆发；突发；取出 china n. 瓷器
"I can read Angela like a book. I always know what she'sthinking and what she's about to say at meetings."
- I am a little hungry。
- The oldest trick in the book
- Well, if you ask me, she was just being stubborn. After all, the master did say 'please.'
- If there's anything...stop that...that we can...please...to make your stay more comfortable. Ow!!!!
control temper 控制脾气
- In someone's good/bad books
- Splendid to see you out and about, mademoiselle. 真高兴见到你，小姐。
- En chante, cherie。
- Cook the books
- learn to control that temper 学习控制脾气
- By the book
- You are? Hear that? She's hungry. Stoke the fire, break out the silver, wake the china。
- Take a leaf out of someone's book